On Wednesday, March 26, Benefits Consultant Dave Maddock of Maddock & Associates will be delivering a presentation titled “The Affordable Care Act and Health Care Reform — What You Need to Know.” The presentation will take place at the Tacoma Country and Golf Club in Lakewood, Wash., and will explore the following PPACA issues that are highly relevant to employers and employees:
- Pay or Play – Learn how penalties are calculated and key information that will help you decide whether or not your firm should offer benefits or pay the penalty.
- Learn how to make sure your plan meets the minimum actuarial values and is compliant.
- Insurance Exchanges – Learn how both the individual and small group insurance exchanges (SHOP) work.
- SHOP Exchanges – Learn why you may or may not want to use these exchanges.
Maddock will also discuss Individual Exchanges, including who will qualify for subsidies and what those subsidies are.
The presentation will dive into how it all fits together and answer the following questions:
- Can offering a group plan actually hurt your employees?
- What are the rules around employers helping employees access subsidies through the exchange?
- When it comes to Association Health Plans, which plans qualify and which ones won’t?
This event has been organized by BOMA South Puget Sound, a local chapter of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International. If you have questions about this event you can contact the Association Office Toll Free 1 (877) 460-5880 or email BOMASPS@AMInc.org.
$25 – BOMA SPS Members
$45 – Allied Waiting List & Repeat Proprietary Guests
$65 – Non-Wait List Allied Guests, Subject to Limitation
11:00 AM – Networking & Registration
11:25 AM – Lunch Served
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Program Presentation
You can register for this event by clicking here.